29 Jun [URGENT]: Diocesan Accompaniment Officer
|Job Title||:||Diocesan Accompaniment Officer|
BACKGROUND OF THE POSITION
Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan KARINA) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and is officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Caritas Indonesia (Karina) is an active member of Caritas Internationalis (CI) Confederation which has 167 members around the globe. Caritas is the Church’s heart and spearhead to spread the love for poor people. By using the Caritas Internationalis Management Standard (CIMS), Caritas Indonesia wants to help social works of the Catholic Church in Indonesia to alleviate poverty and injustice. Caritas Indonesia’s works are integrated with CI’s strategic orientations, such as serving out of love, reducing the impact of humanitarian crises by enhancing disaster preparedness and response, empowering communities to eradicate all forms of poverty and unjust structure, amplifying the voices of the poor through education, communication and publication, as well as building a stronger Caritas based on professionalism, resource mobilization and the involvement of young people.
Caritas Indonesia was established in mid-2006 and acts as a coordinating, animating and facilitating body for all the Diocesan Caritas or Pastoral Commissions in 37 Dioceses. This humanitarian organization is incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia. Further, Caritas Indonesia consists of Program Division, Finance Division, and Office Management Division.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION
The Diocesan Accompaniment (DA) Program is one of 2 Program Divisions in Caritas Indonesia that leads for all of program and management elements; such as planning, budgeting, communicating, facilitating and advocating, monitoring and staffing specifically to strengthen the Caritas – PSE in Dioceses.
The DA Officer will report to the DA Coordinator of Caritas Indonesia (KARINA).
The contract will be one year (1 year) with the possibility for extension.
DETAILS OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Described under each of the following sub-titles as needed)
- Being responsible for designing the Diocesan Accompaniment (DA) program to strengthen the institution of Diocesan Caritas-PSE.
- Being responsible in developing the DA Program budget together with DA Coordinator.
- Being the focus person for each DA Project to advocate or facilitate the Dioceses on/offline.
- Facilitating Diocese Accompaniment Training for Dioceses in need.
- Provide technical assistance and empowerment to the Diocese Caritas-PSE or other pastoral social institutions in connection with the DA program.
- Ensure the Dioceses carry out its follow-up plan and provide assistance as requested by the Diocese.
- Monitor budget for program/project activities and implementations.
- Prepare and review program/project agreements between Caritas Indonesia and Dioceses for program/project activities.
- Responsible to write a monthly report of program/project activities to the DA Program Coordinator.
- Responsible to write midterm and final analysis report of program/project activities to the DA Program Coordinator.
- Ready to deploy to emergency areas as a representative of Caritas Indonesia.
- As the institution’s representative in any coordination forums in Indonesia which will be facilitating in sharing of information, lessons learned, and experiences for staff and Diocesan Caritas institutions.
- Undertake any other tasks given by his/her supervisor and Executive Director of Caritas Indonesia as long as his/her main tasks are not interrupted and still manageable.
- A strong will to learn on main Catholic Church documents, such as Deus Caritas Est, Caritas Veritate, Evangelii Gaudium, and Laudato Si’ as the spiritual foundation of Caritas Indonesia.
- Strong commitment on humanity’s compassion and service to poor people as it is described in Catholic Social Teaching.
- Obey Caritas Indonesia’s vision, mission and principles as well as Caritas Internationalis guiding values and principles.
- Able to work in a team, internally with program staffs and a working team from another institution.
- Good program planning and good implementation.
- Strong ability to balance self-condition, mentally and emotionally.
- Participatory and communicative.
- Efficient, accurate and supportive.
- No corruption, accountable and responsible.
- Transparent (must appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidence).
- Write Back to Office Report after attending meetings, conferences, workshops, training, events, or site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
- Graduate from S1/S2 (any discipline).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Program Officer or managing/implementing a development program.
- Maximum 35 years old.
- Familiarity with the Not-For-Profit sector and the Catholic organization or network, working with Diocesan is an advantage.
- Experience in program planning, program management and program budget.
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management, Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response.
- Good understanding of humanitarian response program principles and challenges.
- Well-developed written project design and reporting skills, and experience in reporting on international relief and development program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, relationship building, leadership, diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently as required and at the same time able to work in teamwork.
- Understanding of strategies for working with the poorest, marginalized and most vulnerable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs and digital.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to:
at the latest on 15 July 2020, with the email subject: DA_Officer_[Name]_Application.