27 May [URGENT]: Finance Coordinator
|Job Title||:||FINANCE COORDINATOR|
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in East Jakarta and officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Caritas Indonesia was established in 2006 with a focus on disaster management issue which is translated into 4 programs, namely Disaster Risk Reduction, Diocesan Accompaniment, Partnership for Resiliency, and Capacity Building for Emergency Response. Caritas Indonesia plays the role as animating, coordinating, and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses, incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
Caritas Indonesia (Karina) is an active member of Caritas Internationalis (CI) Confederation which has 167 members around the globe. Caritas is the Church’s heart and spearheads to spread the love for poor people. By using the Caritas Internationalis Management Standard (CIMS), Caritas Indonesia wants to help social works of the Catholic Church in Indonesia to alleviate poverty and injustice. Caritas Indonesia’s works are integrated with CI’s strategic orientations, such as serving out of love, reducing the impact of humanitarian crises by enhancing disaster preparedness and response, empowering communities to eradicate all forms of poverty and unjust structure, amplifying the voices of the poor through education, communication and publication, as well as building a stronger Caritas based on professionalism, resource mobilization and the involvement of young people.
The Finance Unit is one of the 3 (three) Units in Caritas Indonesia Organigram, Program Unit, HR & GA unit, and Finance Unit. In Finance, Caritas Indonesia has a Finance Coordinator who will consolidate all the Finance Report that comes from all Finance Officer and Cashier.
The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for Director in the monthly Consolidated Institutional Financial Report, Assist in Institutional Audit and the reconciliations of projects reports and banks, ensure Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina) compliance with Indonesian Accounting and Taxation regulations and ensure compliance with Donors regulations. Ensure timely delivery of periodic financial reports to Director.
REPORTING To: Director
CONTRACT DURATION: The contract will be two years with the possibility for extension.
TASKS AND DUTIES
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Finance Coordinator has the overall responsibilities for the efficient operations of the finance division and ensures timely delivery of periodic financial reports KARINA’s Executive Director, Treasurer and other stakeholders as well as complying with professional accounting standards and Caritas Internationalist (CI) Minimum Financial Standards. And responsible for carrying out in Finance Program, In charge of Finance budget, Focus Person on Finance and Supervise Finance staffs.
Designing the Finance Program
- Provide special fund which is available with simple and flexible procedures so it can be used rapidly to help the affected people.
- Provide forms to facilitate cash flow and facilitate data clarification. (Need to print some forms or slips)
- Together with management establish simple rules in financial procedures to be accepted by all staffs.
- Provide recommendation to head of institutions of financial policy and strategy.
- Conduct and implement procedure system which compliance the Accounting Standard and CI guidelines.
- Conduct guidelines for the financial system to partners and supervise financial system implementation to the local partner.
- Plan how to optimize idle funds (short term or long term) which exist in an organization.
- Carry out an accountable financial structure and sustainability guaranteed.
- Conduct short term, midterm, and long-term financial plan to assure the improvement of institutional financial capacity.
- Prepare documents and letters needed for Karina office’s transaction with other institution.
In charge of Finance Budget
- Maintains of accounts (donor code, vendor code, diocesan code and chart of accounts).
- Prepare and maintains Income/Grants from CI, Personal Donation, Fund Raising and Institutional Fee.
- Maintains for all prepaid Expenses, AR/AP.
- Responsible for the organization overall budget.
- Prepare program Cost and Consolidate All Project Report.
- Coordinate planning for project funds by cooperating with Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate with Program Coordinator to write budget together, whether global budget or detail budget and support the Program Coordinator in the development of annual project budgets and the development of budgets for new projects.
- Coordinate monitoring organization budget and for each project.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of financial procedures and system. These must follow Caritas Internationalis’s Minimum Financial Standards and accepted by a recognized financial accounting firm that has experiences in working with NGOs.
- Responsible for developing an official Financial Guidelines for KARINA to improve the efficiency of the finance function and to meet KARINA and donors requirements for the transparent and rigorous procedure by Indonesia and International’ audit standards and to socialize it to other team members to ensure that KARINA complies with these guidelines.
- Provide information and advice to Program Coordinator on budgets, cash flow and procurements, etc.
- Undertake final checking of requests for cash advances, reimbursements, purchase orders, etc.
Focus person on Finance
- Establish cooperation with donors and financial institution for fund sustainability and system support.
- Assist institutional management in lobbying for strengthening the financial institution and guarantee sustainability.
- Preserve a supportive working condition with organizational units for smooth work.
- Cooperate with Fundraiser division to increase institutional financial capacity.
- Make a concerted effort for the institution’s financial effectiveness from different activities.
- Coordinate fund allocation for institution operational cost and project cost.
- Manage institutional cash flow to be accountable and well planned.
- Responsible for the financial report which meets the standard of reporting and timely.
- Provide feedback to heads of an organization about the organization’s financial condition and recommendation action.
- Prepare a financial report to be audited by a Public Accountant.
- Responsible for the overall operations of the Finance division.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial procedures (petty cash, banking matters) for all projects are adhered to.
- Ensure proper allocation of project funds as determined by the project purpose and project agreement with donors.
- Distribute project funding to the implementing partners to ensure projects are accomplished within the proposed plan and time frame.
- Monitor project financing through evaluation of implementing partners’ reports and/or related divisions of KARINA and subsequently provide consolidation of reports.
- Implement and perform key financial controls, such a bank reconciliation, at least monthly.
- Prepare and send out accurate and reliable financial reports for all projects as required by KARINA, donors, auditors, partners, and Program Coordinator.
- Support Program Coordinator in the development of annual project budgets and the development of budgets for new projects.
- Recommend any additional financial procedures/policies to the Executive Director, as deemed appropriate.
Supervise Finance staffs
- Assist recruitment process and build financial division staff’s capacity.
- Supervises the Finance Assistant and Project Finance Officer and conduct the staff performance review for the staff that she supervised.
- Graduate from D3/S1/S2 economic (Accounting/Finance).
- Good understanding of main Church documents, such as Deus Caritas Est, Caritas in Veritate, Evangelii Gaudium, and Laudato Si’ as the spiritual foundation of Caritas Indonesia.
- Strong commitment to humanity’s compassion and service to poor people as it is described in Catholic Social Teaching.
- Obey Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina)’s vision, mission and principles as well as Caritas Internationalis guiding values and principles.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Finance Manager.
- Good knowledge in Financial Management of NGO, specifically in the project budget and financial reporting.
- Understand of Indonesian Tax Regulations and Experience in using accounting software.
- Excellent computer skill, especially MS Excel and knowledge of another Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Fluency in written and oral English is compulsory.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, design and conduct training in financial management.
- Experience and knowledge of managing development funds including submitting proposals, reporting on, and acquitting of funds.
- Diligent, honest, and mature worker, willing to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and under minimum supervision, but with a spirit of teamwork.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Tactful and excellent analytical thinking; and Familiar with PSAK 45.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to