06 May [URGENT]: Finance Officer
CARITAS INDONESIA (YAYASAN KARINA)
Job Vacancy: FINANCE OFFICER
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in East Jakarta and officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Caritas Indonesia was established in 2006 with a focus on disaster management issue which is translated into 4 programs, namely Disaster Risk Reduction, Diocesan Accompaniment, Partnership for Resiliency, and Capacity Building for Emergency Response. Caritas Indonesia plays the role as animating, coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses, incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
Caritas Indonesia (Karina) is an active member of Caritas Internationalis (CI) Confederation which has 167 members around the globe. Caritas is the Church’s heart and spearheads to spread the love for poor people. By using the Caritas Internationalis Management Standard (CIMS), Caritas Indonesia wants to help social works of the Catholic Church in Indonesia to alleviate poverty and injustice. Caritas Indonesia’s works are integrated with CI’s strategic orientations, such as serving out of love, reducing the impact of humanitarian crises by enhancing disaster preparedness and response, empowering communities to eradicate all forms of poverty and unjust structure, amplifying the voices of the poor through education, communication and publication, as well as building a stronger Caritas based on professionalism, resource mobilization and the involvement of young people.
The Finance Unit is one of the 3 (three) Units in Caritas Indonesia Organigram, Program Unit, HR & GA unit and Finance Unit. In Finance Caritas Indonesia has a Finance Coordinator who will consolidate all the Finance Report that comes from all Finance Officer and Cashier.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for Finance Coordinator in the monthly Consolidated Institutional Financial Report, Assist in Institutional Audit and the reconciliations of projects reports and banks, ensure Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina) compliance with Indonesian Accounting and Taxation regulations and ensure compliance with Donors regulations. Ensure timely delivery of periodic financial reports to Finance Coordinator.
REPORTING TO: Finance Coordinator
CONTRACT DURATION: The contract will be one year with the possibility for extension.
- Check the completeness and validity of the financial memorandum and its supporting documents in accordance with KARINA’s financial policies and procedures, as well as the Donor’s requirements for payments via petty cash and banks related to project implementation.
- Make a payment voucher and bank receipt for all financial transactions listed in the bank project account.
- Perform bank reconciliation for program/project bank account.
- Check the completeness and validity of the financial memorandum and its supporting documents on the project’s financial statements from the diocesan partners/partners in accordance with KARINA’s financial policies and procedures, and the project agreement/MoU with the Donor.
- Make financial forms for the project financial statements of the diocesan partner/partner.
- Make project financial reports periodically to monitor the improvement of project implementation at the field.
- Make project fund request to the Donor based on the Donor commitment stated in the project agreement/MoU.
- Check the submission of project funding requests from diocesan partners / other partners based on the project budget and project agreement / MoU with the Donor.
- Assist in Institutional audit process periodically in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Household (AD/ART), as well as KARINA’s Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the project audit process in accordance with KARINA’s Financial Policies and Procedures and the project agreement / Donor MoU (if needed).
- Making business travel reports that are narrative and/or financial.
- Undertakes any other duties that may be requested by the Finance Coordinator.
- Good understanding of main Church documents, such as Deus Caritas Est, Caritas in Veritate, Evangelii Gaudium, and Laudato Si’ as the spiritual foundation of Caritas Indonesia.
- Strong commitment to humanity’s compassion and service to poor people as it is described in Catholic Social Teaching.
- Obey Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina)’s vision, mission and principles as well as Caritas Internationalis guiding values and principles.
- Able to work in a team, internally with program staffs and the working team from another institution.
- Good program planning and good implementation.
- Strong ability to balance self-condition, mentally and emotionally.
- Participatory, communicative, efficient, accurate and supportive.
- No corruption, accountable and responsible.
- Transparent (must appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidence).
- Graduate from S1 Economic (Accounting/Finance/Management/Business)
- At least 3-year experience in Finance
- At least 3 years’ experience working with local partners
- Experience in working within consortiums highly desirable
- Experience in organizational development highly desirable
- Skills in advisory support to partners, whilst managing partner accompaniment of projects
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation and problem-solving skills.
- Sensitivity to gender, subsidiarity and inclusiveness issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, relationship building, leadership, diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
- Experience of capacity building and mentoring of local organizations.
- Ability to work independently as required and at the same time able to work in teamwork.
- Having good leadership in personnel management.
- Familiarity with the Not-For-Profit sector and the Catholic organization highly desirable
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications and finance/accounting software
- Familiar with PSAK 45 and Indonesian TAX Regulation
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references
should be submitted by e-mail to
at the latest 15 May 2020