24 Jan [URGENT]: ACCOUNTING OFFICER
|Job Title||:||Accounting Officer|
BACKGROUND TO THE ROLE
Caritas Indonesia (KARINA) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in East Jakarta and officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Caritas Indonesia was established in 2006 with focus on disaster management issue which is translated into 4 programs, namely Disaster Risk Reduction, Diocesan Accompaniment, Partnership for Resiliency, and Capacity Building for Emergency Response. Caritas Indonesia plays the role as animating, coordinating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses, incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia.
Caritas Indonesia is an active member of Caritas Internationalis (CI) Confederation which has 167 members around the globe. Caritas is the Church’s heart and spearhead to spread the love for poor people. By using Caritas Internationalis Management Standard (CIMS), Caritas Indonesia want to help social works of Catholic Church in Indonesia to alleviate poverty and injustice. Caritas Indonesia’s works are integrated with CI’s strategic orientations, such as serving out of love, reducing the impact of humanitarian crises by enhancing disaster preparedness and response, empowering communities to eradicate all forms of poverty and unjust structure, amplifying the voices of the poor through education, communication and publication, as well as building a stronger Caritas based on professionalism, resource mobilization and the involvement of young people.
The Finance Unit is one of the 3 (three) Units in Caritas Indonesia Organigram, Program Unit, HR & GA unit and Finance Unit. In Finance Caritas Indonesia have Finance Coordinator who will consolidate all the Finance Report that come from all Finance Officer and Cashier.
The Accounting Officer will be responsible for Finance Coordinator in the monthly Consolidated Institutional Financial Report, Assist in Institutional Audit and the reconciliations of All the Finance Activity. Entry all the Finance data to Accounting System, ensure Caritas Indonesia compliance with Indonesian Accounting and Taxation regulations and ensure compliance with Donors regulations. Ensure timely delivery of periodic financial reports to Finance Coordinator.
REPORTING TO: Finance Coordinator
CONTRACT DURATION: The contract will be one year with the possibility for extension.
- To input all financial transactions periodically into the accounting program in accordance with KARINA’s Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures, generally accepted financial regulations.
- Periodically prepare the financial statements of the Institution in accordance with KARINA’s Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures, and generally accepted financial regulations.
- Periodically prepare program / project financial reports in accordance with KARINA’s Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures, and the MoU / Project Agreement with the Donor.
- Conduct periodic physical inspections of the Institution’s fixed assets and programs / projects in accordance with KARINA’s Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures and generally accepted financial regulations.
- Assist the process of carrying out audits for the Institution in accordance with the Statutes of the Household (AD / ART), as well as KARINA’s Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Assist the process of conducting program / project audits periodically in accordance with KARINA’s Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures and MoU / Project Agreement (if a program / project audit is required).
- Providing accounting and / or financial assistance to Caritas partners / diocesan partners as an effort to develop financial management skills / competencies.
- Conduct cash opname periodically with Cashier & Financial Admin.
- Conduct tax reconciliation periodically.
- Making business travel reports in narrative and / or financial aspect.
- Make recapitulation of staff advance periodically.
- Perform other tasks related to finance and Institution given by the Financial Coordinator.
|1.||Good understanding on main Church documents, such as Deus Caritas Est, Caritas in Veritate, Evangelii Gaudium, and Laudato Si’ as the spiritual foundation of Caritas Indonesia.|
|2.||Strong commitment on humanity’s compassion and service to poor people as it is described on Catholic Social Teaching.|
|3.||Obey Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina)’s vision, mission and principles as well as Caritas Internationalis guiding values and principles.|
|4.||Able to work in a team, internally with program staffs and working team from another institution.|
|5.||Good program planning and good implementation.|
|6.||Strong ability to balance self-condition, mentally and emotionally.|
|7.||Participatory, communicative, efficient, accurate and supportive.|
|8.||No corruption, accountable and responsible.|
|9.||Transparent (must appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidences).|
- Graduate from SMK – Akuntansi /D3 or S1 Economic (major in accounting)
- Maximum 30 years old
- At least 5-year experience in Accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience working with local partners
- Experience in working within consortiums highly desirable
- Experience in organizational development highly desirable
- Skills in advisory support to partners, whilst managing partner accompaniment of projects
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation and problem-solving skills.
- Sensitivity to gender, subsidiarity and inclusiveness issues.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, relationship building, leadership, diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
- Experience of capacity building and mentoring of local organizations.
- Ability to work independently as required and in the same time able to work in teamwork
- Having good leadership in personnel management.
- Familiarity with the Not-For-Profit sector and the Catholic organization highly desirable
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications and finance/accounting software
- Familiar with PSAK 45
- Familiar with Indonesia TAX Regulation
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 2nd February 2020